Paracord Bracelet Examples
Here are some examples of paracord bracelets that I have made over time with links to instructions and some additional general information related to paracord bracelet creation.
The bracelet in the front with the silver shackle is one of the first bracelets I made. I believe that I used the weaving instruction from HERE. I then modified them to use the anchor shackle in place of the side release clip. The purple and olive bracelets were made for my daughters and were based on THESE instructions. The black bracelet on the left is my most recent creation and my favorite. The instructions can be found HERE. Be sure to take note of the user who posted the instruction for this bracelet. His name is Stormdrane and his blog can almost be considered a definitive resource for paracord crafts on the web.
Here is a close up of the weave on the flat bracelet. This turned out really nice and it very comfortable. Be sure to make one of these for yourself.
One more picture to show the difference in size between my bracelet and my 5 year olds bracelet. I wish I could say she made it but she didn't. She just had to have a bracelet like daddy's. Now I need to figure out what to do with the other 90ft. of purple paracord?
Lastly I want to show the most common types of closures. I will go over them in the same way I learned about them so hopefully you can make the best judgement as to which to use for your project.
The first closure I used was the anchor shackle pictured in the middle. Paracord is also known as 550 Cord because it is rated to 550lbs. Tough stuff! It only made sense to me to pick a closure that was just as strong. The anchor shackle is rated to something like 2 tons?!? That and the steel looked cool. Anyway, after a while I started to think about what would happen if my bracelet got snagged on anything. Let's say randomly, a truck bumper. My arm would rip off before the bracelet broke! So, be careful. I picked mine up at The Home Depot for around $3. They are the most expensive closure of the three.
The next closure I used was just a knot. Not just any knot (had to)! Any kind of ball type knot works great for a closure. These are nice because they don't require the purchase of any additional hardware. The most commonly used are the Monkey's Fist and Lanyard Knot. I currently use the Lanyard Knot because the Monkey's Fist is a pain in the @#$ to make. I have a few projects I want to make that require the Monkey's Fist so my proficiency should go up with practice. Good luck.
The last closure is the side release buckle. These are great because they give you two solid points to attach your bracelet to, are easy to take on and off, are pretty cheap and have tons of variety. They come in flat, contoured, multiple sizes, different colors, heck, one company even makes some with safety whistles built in! That company is ITW Nexus. Check out their site to see all the variety. You can even get some free samples to try out. I got my samples in the mail yesterday. They are really nice buckles.
I hope this information can help you out. Be sure to go through Stormdrane's blog for more info. Good luck with your projects!
No comments:
Post a Comment